Anime, Comic, news

Shoot on the topic of football! Manga gets first new anime in 28 years

Tsukasa Oshima’s soccer manga ‘Shoot! It inspired the first new animation in 28 years. This is a completely original anime titled Shoot!...

·
Shoot! Goal to the Future

Tsukasa Oshima’s soccer manga ‘Shoot! It inspired the first new animation in 28 years. This is a completely original anime titled Shoot! The goal of the Future is scheduled to air in 2022. EMT Squared is making animations.

The anime’s official website describes the story as follows:

Atsushi Kamiya, former captain of Kakegawa High School and “brave captain” of the world-famous Italian football team…
And now Kakegawa High School student Hideto Tsuji, who seems to be indifferent to the weakened soccer team…
Their meeting is the beginning of a new legend…
Original shooting! The manga appeared in Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine between 1990 and 2003. Manga has over 50 million copies printed. The story of the manga revolves around a boy named Toshihiko Tanaka who persuaded his friends to join the soccer team and compete in the All-Japan High School Championship.

A series that inspired Aoki Dengeki shooting! Television animation produced by Toei Animation, which debuted in 1993. Then, in 1994, a short sequel made its debut.

The cartoon also inspired the 1994 adaptation of a live-action film starring members of the boy band SMAP.

A spin-off comic from the other world ‘Shoot! no Sekai ni Gon Nakayama ga Tensei Shite Shimatta Ken (then Nakayama Gon was reincarnated into the world of photography!) was released in 2020. This manga tells the story of professional soccer player Masashi Nakayama who entered the world of Shoot! And he impresses the world with his skills.